There are so many ways we can encourage our children to be more environmentally conscious. Check out our top 5.
1. Reduce waste by using reusable water bottles, let your child pick their own out so they feel like part of the process… Note: parents set the example here, if you are always reaching for a plastic bottle and discarding it so will they!
2. Donate toys, not only does this allow for less waste in a landfill someone will end up with an item they will cherish, and your child will learn how great it feels to give back.
3. Plant a garden, kids love to get dirty and this is a gift that keeps on giving, whether it is flowers or fresh veggies it will keep you coming back day after to day to check on its progress. Think you don’t have space? Planter boxes brighten up a window beautifully and don’t take up too much room!
4. Crown your child “Light King/Queen” for the day. If they see a room with no one in it they should turn off the lights.
5. Encourage good habits that also conserve water like having your kids brush their teeth with a cup of water instead of letting the faucet run.
Happy Earth Day!
Disclaimer: As an Affiliate Keep It Delightful earns from qualified purchases.