We are all wrestling with this new reality or being cooped up at home with the kids, here are 15 Fun things to do at home with the little ones.
1. Rediscover card games, puzzles, and board games, it’s time to break out family game time again! You know you have these things sitting in the closet, time to dust them off and start the fun! Need a few new games, check out these Board Games
2. Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles, especially for the little ones somehow this never gets old!
3. Create “sunprints,” let the kids learn about light exposure while creating art out of everyday items.
4. Bake, make Jello, or cook together. Now that we are all eating at home more, get creative and let the extra little hands stir, pour and measure for you. Measuring can be a great way to practice number recognition!
5. Art, art, art! Crayola has some great discounts at the moment, as well as Free Coloring Pages.
6. Reinforce good habits with a chore chart. Add things like sweeping, setting the table, unloading the dishwasher, homework, or let your kids decide what to add. Bonus, this is a great way to reinforce the calendar and days of the week too.
7. Take pictures, let your kid be a photojournalist for a bit and document everything, then they can report it for you, or better yet have them FaceTime their grandparents and give them the report.
8. Take a walk, just because we need to stay home does not mean we have to stay inside the whole time. Taking a walk will give all of you some exercise and fresh air, you can add a science twist by trying to name all the plants/animals/items you see.
9. Create a scavenger hunt. Here is a pic of our latest one:
10. Create an obstacle course with couch cushions, blankets and anything else that’s handy, time the kids and see if they can do it faster the next time.
11. Read, read, read! Break out some of your old favorites or check out some of these Classics
12. Look up your local museums and zoos to see if they have virtual tours or webcams of the animals.
13. Dance party! Crank up the tunes and let the little once get their energy out!
14. Virtual play dates! Skype, FaceTime or Zoom it up for the kids.
15. Sign up for ABCmouse.com – First Month Free – Click here! Sure it’s screen time but it’s educational and the first month is free!!
Even in these unprecedented times, there are a million ways to fill the day and Keep It Delightful for our kids. Stay Healthy!
Disclosure: As an affiliate Keep It Delightful earns from qualified purchases.